In General, Atlas does not transport materials that may die or spoil during transit. These include:
- Food (fresh, frozen, refrigerated, or opened food products)
- Plants (read "How To Move House Plants").
A FEW EXCEPTIONS...
Your local Atlas mover may consider taking some perishable items under certain, very specific conditions. Ask about special arrangements for perishables if they:
- Are properly packed
- Require no servicing in transit
- Will travel fewer than 150 miles
- Will be delivered within 24 hours of pickup
After you empty your refrigerators and freezers of food, keep the doors open at least 24 hours before moving. This will allow them to dry out, air out, and prevent the mold.